Lolita Blog Carnival: Matching Lolita with Animals | Commercially Alternative

Friday, March 29, 2013

Lolita Blog Carnival: Matching Lolita with Animals

This week I’m getting back to the Lolita Blog Carnival series. The theme was to pick an animal and then create a coordinate to match. Since I’m not very good at creating coordinates, I decided to take inspiration from an animal and find dresses to match instead.



The animal I chose was a white tiger. Tigers are my favorite animal. They are so strong and beautiful. However, I’m not a fan of the color orange in my own fashion, hence the white tiger. I set out to find Lolita dresses that were mostly white with black accents. It actually turned out to be a rather difficult scavenger hunt. I decided that stripes were too limiting, but polka dots were pushing it too far, and I didn’t want ita lace monsters. I also decided not to include Moi Meme Moitie’s white dresses with black prints. Although, it was what I was looking for, white with black accents, I felt things like black iron gates really didn’t fit with a tiger theme. (Or at least shouldn’t fit, as tigers don’t belong in cages) In the end, I didn't find much, but I felt the following dresses fit my theme and I would actually wear them.






The breeding of white tigers should never happen. The white color is actually a result of very rare recessive genes found in Bengal tigers. To get these recessive genes to show, tigers are bred with very close relatives (fathers and daughters, first cousins, etc). This inbreeding causes so many other mutations and genetic defects such as cleft palates, crossed eyes, kidney problems, shortened tendons, and clubbed feet to name a few. Please, do not support places that breed white tigers. 

Want to see more lolita outfits paired with animals? You can see what other lolitas have to say by clicking the links below.



No comments:

Post a Comment